Ordering Food in a Restaurant

Read this dialogue

Waiter: Hello, Can I help you?
Kim: Yes, I'd like to have some lunch.
Waiter: Would you like a starter?
Kim: Yes, I'd like a bowl of chicken soup, please.
Waiter: And what would you like for a main course?
Kim: I'd like a grilled cheese sandwich.
Waiter: Would you like anything to drink?
Kim: Yes, I'd like a glass of Coke, please.

Later...

Waiter: Would you like dessert?
Kim: Hmmm, I guess I'll have some cheesecake. And a cup of coffee, please. 
Waiter: OK. I'll be right back.

After the dessert...

Waiter: Can I bring you anything else?
Kim: No thank you. Just the bill.
Waiter: Certainly.
Kim: How much is the lunch?
Waiter: That's $6.75.
Kim: Here you are. Thank you very much.
Waiter: You're welcome. Have a good day.
Kim: Thank you, the same to you.

Use this menu to practice ordering food in a restaurant.

Joe's Restaurant

Starters
Chicken Soup $2.50
Salad $3.25

Sandwiches - Main Course
Ham and cheese $3.50
Tuna $3.00
Vegetarian $4.00
Grilled Cheese $2.50
Piece of Pizza $2.50
Cheeseburger $4.50
Hamburger deluxe $5.00
Spaghetti $5.50

Drinks
Coffee $1.25
Tea $1.25
Soft Drinks - Coke, Sprite,  etc. $1.75

Dessert
Chocolate mousse - $3,50
Apple pie - $2,75
Ice cream - $3,00
Cheesecake - $4,00

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS